Patrick Aljord wrote:
> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Camilo <camilor / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Pablo
>> The best option is to get the free books that are available. That way
>> everybody benefits. Those "free versions" are insulting to the authors,
>> since they do not get paid at all. Hey, ask nicely and somebody might send
>> you a free used copy.
>>

> Camillo,
>
> There is no used copy of ruby (or any other o'reilly book) books in
> Peru. The only way would be to buy a used version on Amazon or Ebay.
> Unfortunately, sending it to Peru would cost at least 50$ + the cost
> of the used book. Not very interesting. As for finding somebody
> willing to send you a free copy (and waste 50$ for you), good luck
> about that.

Where are you getting your $50 figure?  Sending a priority mail flat
rate envelope is about $13 for an item weighing up to 4 pounds.  Larger
items cost more of course, but a lot of books should fit in that rate.
By the way, that rate is about the same we pay .  If you are curious
about the shipping costs go to usps.com and select shipping.
As a person that has spent over $40 shipping a computer to Australia,
before the costs went through the ceiling, I know there are those who
will send items to other countries at their expense.  I don't know if
there is anyone in this group that would do this in this case but it is
something to keep in mind.