On Wednesday 28 May 2008 19:42:10 Seth Greenwood wrote:
> I was just wondering if it would be the same, as I noticed that some
> of the terms used in RGSS are slightly different, such as the 'puts'
> command in Ruby is replaced by 'print' in RGSS.

Actually, Ruby has both 'print' and 'puts' -- and they do different things.
I'm not sure about all the details, but at the very least, 'puts' adds a
newline, and 'print' doesn't.

> If I knew for sure that most of the commands would be the same,
> I can go ahead and start to learn Ruby.

There's a lot more to it than just 'commands' (those are actually method
calls), and I don't know anything about RPG Maker. But I'm guessing that if
it's based on some flavor of Ruby, then whatever you learned there should
translate here.