On 28.05.2008 17:09, James Gray wrote:
> On May 28, 2008, at 9:16 AM, shortcutter / googlemail.com wrote:
>
>> is it just me or is the gateway -> mail broken?
>
> This message was posted from Usenet, right?  I see it there:

Yes, that's correct.

> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/6c87cb1b32a0efbf?dmode=source
>
> I also received it in my inbox (I'm on the mailing list).  The headers
> from the message I received show it was gated:
>
> 	Newsgroups: 	comp.lang.ruby

> Here's the message in the mailing list archives:
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/303191
>
> I'm not seeing any problems.

Correct.  Timestamps are pretty close together:

News: Wed, 28 May 2008 07:12:09 -0700 (PDT) => 14:12 UTC
Mail: Wed, 28 May 2008 23:16:33 +0900 => 14:16 UTC

Hm, as far as I can see this leaves these explanations:

1. the mailing list processor had delay between reception and delivery

2. delivery at my mail server or some intermediate MTA was delayed

>  Please point me to specific messages
> that weren't gated if I am missing something.

At the moment I can't.  Messages were probably only delayed for a few
hours.  Thanks for checking!

Kind regards

	robert