Todd Benson wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Avdi Grimm <avdi / avdi.org> wrote:
>> 2. Most of the advocacy for bottom posting I've seen is rude and
>> dismissive.
>
> This point I agree with, because the advocacy part comes across as a
> little selfish.
>
> I still evangelize it, though, as subtly as I can :-)

I've tried that, got poor results, and now take a simple approach:  I
try to do as little work as possible, and if someone posts a message I
find hard to read or follow, I will stop reading and move on.

If people top-post and still get the results they are seeking (help,
suggestions, whatever), I guess they have found a working strategy, so
why should they stop.

But if you are going to post anything at all, consider you audience and
make things easy for the reader.

It's sort of like how you should write code; easy of reading trumps ease
of writing.

--
James Britt

"Inside every large system there's a small system trying to get out".
    - Chet Hendrickson