On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Robert Dober <robert.dober / gmail.com>
> Really, I am quite surprised that some people interpret it like that,
> but I will definitely try to be yet nicer the next time :)
> Cheers
> Robert

An interesting thing about using languages like Ruby is that we
sometimes require a little convention.  I think many people on this
list, especially myself, use that for netiquette on forums as well.
I'm still learning proper this and proper that -- something certainly
not static -- but I generally see benefit in people speaking a similar
dialect :)  So, I go along for practical reasons, not always technical
ones.  (I've disagreed with the Ruby masters a couple of times about
other things, and then felt embarrassed about it later; ah well).

I'll mention one more thing, too, about the topic -- and someone may
have beat me to it -- is that my eyes work quite a bit faster than my
fingers do (recognizing paragraphs that I've seen before with a single
glance, for example), so repetition of previous statements doesn't
really bother me.  It is more important to me with how it's laid out,
so I can quickly figure out how deep in the thread I am, and who is
responding to who.

Personal preference, I guess.

Todd