In article <DA53C8B3-822A-4DBD-BE11-DA548D2BD01B / mwilden.com>,
 Mark Wilden <mark / mwilden.com> wrote:

> > Bottom posting tends to take on a more natural conversational feel.

Top or bottom isn't the point, inter-quoting vs. TOFU is. (the latter
being the German abbreviation for "reply first, fullquote appended")

> Only if a single email is regarded as a conversation. In actuality,
> the -thread- is the conversation. Imagine if in a real conversation,

On a mailing list and in most newsreaders you only see one message body
at a time, especially when you "fetch unread" often. In that case it
does make sense to quote the immediate sentence you are replying to.

> people felt impelled to prefix their remarks with every other remark
> that's already been made.

But we do! Watch any talkshow: So Mr A basically said that B sucks. I
concur. Whats your opinion, Mr C?

--
  Tobias Weber