On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Mark Wilden <mark / mwilden.com> wrote:
> On May 27, 2008, at 7:36 AM, Todd Benson wrote:
>
>> When, I first saw ===, I immediately hit the docs out of curiosity,
>> having never seen it before, and therefore never had a problem with
>> it.
>
> I like the moniker David Black cites: "the threequal operator."

It's cute, but I think it gives the wrong impression that === is
another form of ==, it's really not, since it's prime motivation is
use with the case statement, I think it's better to think of it has
having a meaning more like a general sense of  'matches'.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/