On May 21, 4:14
> Besides that, I don't see any usecase for converting hexadecimal
> (integer) representation directly into float values.

That's what I'd said in my reply.  And then, of course, we get this:

    http://xkcd.com/426/

Not that a webcomic should drive language design.  But not that it
shouldn't either....  ;)

Eric

====

LearnRuby.com offers Rails & Ruby HANDS-ON public & ON-SITE
workshops.
   Ruby Fundamentals Wkshp          June 16-18     Ann Arbor, Mich.
   Ready for Rails Ruby Wkshp       June 23-24     Ann Arbor, Mich.
   Ruby on Rails Wkshp              June 25-27     Ann Arbor, Mich.
   Ruby Plus Rails Combo Wkshp      June 23-27     Ann Arbor, Mich
Please visit http://LearnRuby.com for all the details.