On Tue, 1 Jan 2002, David Alan Black wrote:
> >   while {<test>} {
> >     <do stuff>
> >   }
> I don't know Tcl.  What does that structure give you?

In Tcl, {} is the list literal, and uplevel is a command to eval a list
into one of the caller frames. With that you can implement control
structures as ordinary procedures (except "while", because it's the most
elementary one). And this despite the fact that Tcl doesn't even have
closures. Ruby already has closures, but an additional uplevel() feature
wouldn't hurt. (actually my RCR-29 would be the implementation I'd like
thereof)

Mathieu Bouchard                   http://hostname.2y.net/~matju