On May 23, 12:39   鮮
> I'm helping a friend who is going to be creating a new web app a hand
> navigating the technology maze. So far I've steered him in the direction
> of Ruby because it seems that a small team can build a good web app
> quickly in it. So far so good. I've read a most of the Pick Axe book and
> it great as far as it goes.
>
> But now I'm stuck how do I evaluate the various frameworks? Rails? Merb?
> I like the agnostic approach of Merb and am concerned that Rails has
> already chosen the UI library (the ORM tool, etc.) for me. But I know so
> little at this stage I may be missing the boat. Where do I go to learn
> more? The ideal would be I write small web app in each framework to get
> sense of what works. But this is unpaid work and I have a family so that
> option is right out.
>
> Ie found the following post at InfoQ:http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/11/forgotten-ruby-web-frameworks- it at
> least mentions other frameworks. But even that news item makes no real
> attempt at comparison. Are there any good comparisons of the frameworks
> out there?
>
> Where would you start?
> Mark Levison
> Agile Software Development Coach

Mark,

You'll find more tutorials and fewer issues on the Rails side of
things, so if it's a simple site, there will be less pain there.

On the other hand, I think the support you receive on IRC for Merb and
DataMapper is second-to-none, so issues that you do run into have a
good chance of being addressed quickly. If it were me, I'd go down
this path, but if you're more concerned with getting the job done and
out of the way as quickly as possible, and hackability/scalability/
performance isn't that important, then I'd probably stick with Rails
at this point.