Having started this huge thread on PostgresSQL, I found...

....after much swearing at the complexities of setting up users and
passwords and permissions in PostgresSQL.... (I don't care, there will
only ever be one user, why am I battling this stuff?! Bugger this for
a bowl of cherries!)

..and now am yet another happy SQLite user.

Soo so so much simpler.

New Zealand