--------------enigA939065546A15494148CF269

If I were to take a guess, I'd say the RPL hasn't made such a splash
because it's not really a "learn ruby" book, it's a "ruby reference" book.

I think it has the potential to be the Camel book or the K&R book, but
it's in a tough position right now: the established ruby programmers
that need a reference book have the Pickaxe already and the ruby newbies re looking for something a little more introductory.

Eventually people will start moving over to RPL.

To the best of my knowledge, RPL is your best source for ruby 1.9
information right now, which I'm sure will give it a leg up.

Just my 2
-Dana

--
Dana Merrick - System Administrator