--------------enigA939065546A15494148CF269

If I were to take a guess, I'd say the RPL hasn't made such a splash=20
because it's not really a "learn ruby" book, it's a "ruby reference" book=
=2E

I think it has the potential to be the Camel book or the K&R book, but=20
it's in a tough position right now: the established ruby programmers=20
that need a reference book have the Pickaxe already and the ruby newbies =

are looking for something a little more introductory.

Eventually people will start moving over to RPL.

To the best of my knowledge, RPL is your best source for ruby 1.9=20
information right now, which I'm sure will give it a leg up.

Just my 2=A2,
-Dana

Mark Wilden wrote:
> On May 22, 2008, at 9:29 AM, Phillip Gawlowski wrote:
>=20
>>  I suspect the O'Reilly book The
>> Ruby Programming Language (co-written by Matz) covers [OOP] in-depth, =

>> too.
>=20
> I'm surprised that RPL (does it even have an abbreviation?) hasn't made=
=20
> a bigger splash. Or have I just missed it? About the only thing I've=20
> seen is a review by someone who didn't finish it. It seems like an=20
> O'Reilly book by Matz would be required reading for us all. And Flanaga=
n=20
> is a good writer, though he and I have clashed technically.
>=20
> I still have some of Pickaxe left, then I'm going to dive into RPL.
>=20
> ///ark
>=20

--=20