On 20.05.2008 18:19, Daniel Berger wrote:

> On May 20, 9:15 am, "Robert Klemme" <shortcut... / googlemail.com>
> wrote:

>> does anybody else think this (or something similar) would be a useful
>> extension to zlib?

>> Will print all lines from foo and then from foo.gz.
>
> This seems like something that belongs in a custom option handler, not
> in zlib directly, especially since I strongly suspect you're going to
> break some option parsers with that code.

I don't believe so.  ARGFZ plays the same role as ARGF and your argument
would apply there as well.  But it's not the case since option
processing is typically done *before* ARGF / ARGFZ are employed (see
OptionParser documentation for examples).

> While we're on the topic of zlib, see zliby:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/zliby/

I am not sure I get your point here.  Can you elaborate?

Kind regards

	robert