Brett Brown wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to ruby and I am considering contributing to one or two
> small to medium sized projects. A top 3 list of recommendations would be
> a great help.
>
> I also would find it helpful if some would offer some coaching on how to
> search for ruby projects.
>
> Just in case this request is out of line I did try to read the FAQ
> mentioned in the new post headline. Link is broken... Ruby Documentation
> page had nothing obvious... Goolge assumes you know what you are looking
> for and I don't in this case...
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Brett

I would say the most "bang for the buck" is to be obtained by
contributing to the rather large project(s) seeking to define the syntax
and semantics of the various implementations of the Ruby language, using
automated techniques. I'd recommend staying away from the
"small-to-medium" projects and joining one that's fairly large.