On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 2:43 AM, J. Cooper <nefigah / gmail.com> wrote:

> Instead, look at it like this: how likely is a Giraffe able to do what
> an Order does? If the Giraffe doesn't quack like an Order, than an
> exception is going to be thrown automatically anyway.
>
> Just program in it, and see how often it ever actually bites you. Start
> with small things, work your way up.

Good advice.

It brings to mind the experience of learning to ride a bike without
training wheels.  There's even a connection in that learning to ride a
bicycle is learning to deal with dynamic stability.

Of course some can just jump right in, like my 6-year old next door
neighbor, who went right from riding a tricycle to a bike without
benefit of training wheels.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby