Yes, because I'm getting something similar. However I was using win32ole
directly with the ADO COM objects, using a prepared command, thus
creating and adding parameters.

I can give my version of code if someone needs it.

I looked all over the internet (translation: googled) and couldn't find
someone who tried to do one of two things:  Pass in a nil (NULL on the
DB side) parameter, specified the default value (not sure if there *is*
a way to do that using ADO, but the FIELDS of the record sets looked
promising), or specified a "no value" for that fields which might allow
the SQLServer provider to use the default.

BTW, a similar error happened when setting a recordset field to nil.

So I'll piggy back on your question ;).

Related, if someone could use the WIN32OLE ADO api to specify a date,
that would be awesome also ;)

Ger.