On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Phillip Gawlowski
<cmdjackryan / googlemail.com> wrote:

> Robert Dober wrote:
> | Dear native speakers
> |
> | I have been quite bothered with the usage of the word "dude" recently.
>
> A good translation of 'dude' would be 'Kumpel'. A synonym something like
> 'buddy' or 'pal'.

It was quite what I thought, although I would be honored to be called
dude by someone I have posted with for years now I dislike the idea of
being called Dude by someone whom I barely know.

I will put it this way, you should not call somebody dude unless you
have herded sheep with her ;). (Comes from a French idiomatic sentence
).
In future I will either undudiefy (spelling?) or ignore the post.
R.

--
http://ruby-smalltalk.blogspot.com/

---