Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Phil Rhoades wrote:
>> People,
>>
>> I have previously done all my simulation work in C/C++ (as a C++
>> exercise really) but it would be nice to do further work in Ruby
>> (although I am concerned about performance for big simulations - might
>> need a C interface?).  Using Ruby for large scale redevelopments is
>> probably not going to be possible until I get the thesis finished but it
>> would be good if I had some idea if there are other people doing things
>> of interest who are interested in chatting about stuff.
>
> I'm very interested in simulation with ruby (and C), though probably
> using very different constructs than you are. What sorts of models do
> you use? Is any part of it continuous dynamics, ODEs?

DNA, specifically microsatellite replication, generations of organisms,
mutation etc - modelling thratened populations.  So they are Individual
Based Models rather than say a Differential Equation Model.

Regards,

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW	2001
Australia
E-mail:  phil / pricom.com.au