At Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:26:10 +0900,
ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr> wrote:
> n> Sorry, I was wrong and correct it.
>
>  No, you were right except for top-level method which are not really module
>  functions

Sure, I missed that Object itself is also an instance of
Object.  Thanx.

> n>   variables.  It's possible to access the main with
> n>   ruby_top_self, however, it needs a declaration now.
>
>  rb_cObject can access methods but not an instance variable defined (for
>  example) in uu.rb

Then, is it OK as the answer to Paul's [ruby-talk:30124]?

  Since top-level methods are private instance methods of
  Object, any object can access to the methods, but not to
  top-level instance variables.  Therefore a method using the
  instance variables may not work properly.

  It's possible to access the top-level object with
  ruby_top_self, however, it needs a declaration now.

BTW, do you consider it should be declared in ruby.h?

--
Nobu Nakada