Having Ruby support in Eclipse would be a good thing if you wanted to
undertake that task. You would have to write one or more Eclipse plugins to
accomplish that (one possible shortcut would be to clone the Java plugins
and make modifications).

However, if your real goal is to have a good cross-platform IDE for Ruby you
may, instead, want to sign on to the FreeRIDE project
(http://www.rubyide.org) and give us hand.

Curt