On 5/12/08, James Dechiaro <jdechiaro / coherecomm.com> wrote:
> the problem i'm running into is when i try to open back the csv1 and
> compare the SumArray against it in order to get the entire line (not
> just the element). It instead prints all the lines, even the ones not
> contained in the array.
>
> So it looks as though the .eql? module is not working correctly.

There are a few potential problems with this line:
     records.collect do |row| row[1].eql?(SumArray)

First, I think you need an 'if'.  Otherwise you are calling eql? but
not using the result.  Second, it looks like you are comparing a
single field with the
whole SumArray.  They will never be equal.  You probably want something like
    if SumArray.include?(row[1])

-Adam