On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 00:45 +0900, MohsinHijazee wrote:
> Hi!
>   Which GUI library you would recommend to use?
>
> Ruby-GTK or FXRuby?
>
> With respect to:
>  * Which one is widely use in ruby community?
>  * Which one is easier?
>  * Which one is considered more 'rubiysh' by ruby enthusiats. I mean
> which one is considered more internal to Ruby?

Since we're already mentioning other alternatives:

I've had some experience with JRuby + SWT and I must say it is the most
friendly and productive GUI toolkit I've used.

I'm comparing it to Ruby-GTK, JRuby + Swing, JRuby + AWT, JRuby +
Glimmer, Java + AWT, Java + Swing, and Java + SWT :)

I'm currently working with JRuby + SWT + JFace and it looks even better.
We have started a project using Eclipse RCP with most of the business
logic written in JRuby.  Looks great so far (5 weeks into the project).

Uwe Kubosch
Norway