On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Vidar Hokstad <vidar.hokstad / gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 8, 1:27 pm, Ron Fox <f... / nscl.msu.edu> wrote:

> Ruby _is_ particularly bad in this respect though. Unfortunately a lot
> of this
> is tied to what makes Ruby pleasant to use.

I am not that sure about this, maybe we might call Ruby challenging
rather than bad and we will see Ruby implementations being quite fast
in the next of couple of years, I am quite confident that YARV and
JRuby will be quite fast but I do not count out the other
implementations as Rubinus or Iron Ruby...

Only time will tell however ;)
Robert
--
http://ruby-smalltalk.blogspot.com/