On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 11:12:56AM +0900, Jeff Miller wrote:
> Hello,
>  I've been googling this, but with no concrete answers... Ruby 186-26 is
> installed on my system - I was wondering if I could use Ruby in HTML
> files that are just on my local machine. Thus far I've been
> unsuccessful. I'd just like to do some reading of local files and
> parsing then show it in the browser. Can I do this with Ruby? If so, any
> suggestions as to how?

Do you mean use ruby to serve the local html files to your browser?  This can be
accomplished with the 'heel' gem.

  gem install heel

  heel -r directory/to/html/files

If you mean parse the html files and extract information from them, you would
probably want to look at 'hpricot'.  http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/hpricot/

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy / hinegardner.org