Hi --

On Thu, 8 May 2008, Robert Dober wrote:

> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 1:55 AM, David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:
>

>>  I should say: the word "monkeypatching" has never come up. The topic
>>  of adding functionality to existing class and objects comes up a lot,
>>  of course.
> Understood, I meant "interesting" in the sense that I was kind of
> pretty sure that you had some didactic ideas about it - and I guess
> you still have, right? - but anticipating a problem that has not yet
> arrived is a big quality :)

So is not looking for trouble :-) Believe me, there's plenty to do in
these courses without a lecture from me on the term "monkeypatching".
Come to think of it, I think it has come up once or twice, because
someone in the class has heard the term and asks about it, and we just
chat about it and I say what I think and the students are free to do
with it whatever they end up deciding to do.

David

   INTRO TO RAILS         June 9-12            Berlin
   ADVANCING WITH RAILS   June 16-19           Berlin
   INTRO TO RAILS         June 24-27           London (Skills Matter)