------art_2661_13183416.1210175512150

Why not have one input box on the right and one on the left with an equals
sign in the middle.  Then you can so something like this:

left_box  designation"
right_box  PM"

model_instance.send(left_box) right_box

Of course, be sure to sanitize your input.  You don't want to call destroy!
or something on model_instance.

Dan