------art_22606_1975672.1210163644641

The code what I wrote above helps u to connect to the sql server by modifing
it a lil
require 'mysql'
 mysql  ysql.init()
  mysql.connect('localhost','USERNAME','PASSWORD')
  mysql.select_db(' DATABASE NAME')
 result  ]
result ysql.query("SELECT name FROM users;")
  result.each do |x|
 puts x.name
 end

from the above when u run ur ruby file u can see the result as list of users
in the data base table called users .
name is the column in the users table.
hopefully this should work
You can alwyas change the database type from mysql/postgresql/sqlite3/sql by
modifing in the correct place form the above code
cheers,
kranthi.

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Raveendran Jazzez <jazzezravi / gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Anukul,
>
> Try this. I am working windows here.
>
> TRY.rb

> in
>  OS : Windows here
>  Ruby : 1.8.6
>  DB :Mysql
>  Gem :> gem install mysql
> ίΕ
>
> require "mysql"
> #require mysql gem
> connection  ysql.connect("localhost", "root", "", "cdcol")
> #localhost  ostname
> #root  sername of mysql DB
> #""
ssword of mysql DB