RichardOnRails wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Daniel Finnie in another tread help me define a Matrix of essentially
> arbitrary dimension as a subclass of Array.   He employs a "get"
> method to handle a splat of the subscripts.  I can't figure out where
> this get method is defined.  Does anyone have any idea?  Code with
> examples follow.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Richard
>
> class Matrix < Array
>   def [] *args
>     if (args.length == 2) && args[0].is_a?(Integer) && args[1].is_a?
> (Integer)
>       get(*args)
>     else
>       super *args
>     end
>   end
> end
>
> m = Matrix[ [10,20,30], [40,50,60], [70,80,90] ];
> puts m [0] [1].inspect	#  20
> puts m [2] [0].inspect	#  70
> puts m[1].inspect	#  [40, 50, 60]

There is no get method in Array. The get method comes from your original
post, where you defined a get method. Daniel is just saying that under
some conditions your [] method calls the original [] method, under
others (the conditions you define) it calls your get method.

--
RMagick: http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/
RMagick 2: http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/rmagick2.html