> this weekend i managed to compile the gsl (gnu scientific library),
> narray,
> and rb-gsl (ruby binding to gsl) under msys/mingw in a way that is
> compatible
> with the latest one-click installer.
> i'd like to do a couple of things
>
>    - write up this process for others to be able to follow

So was this ever done?  I can't seem to find the one click installer
wiki where this was said to be posted.  I have read a dozen or so posts
claiming to describe how to do it, but they are usually written assuming
a lot of prior knowledge and often provide only a nod and a wink about
hacking this and that without actaully describing what was done.  For a
newbee that is very frustrating indeed.  Posts seem to have dried up in
the last year or so on this topic, so window users like me must have
given up or moved on.

Help appreciated.