Hi all,

I just spent about 20 min trying to troubleshoot Benoit Cerrina's
problem with xcopy and windows (see: 'Execing commands with
backquotes' thread).  It turned out that the cygwin release had
trouble interacting with native windows commands.

Now my question is this:  if the the installable executable is geared
towards newbies who are more accustomed to the windows way of doing
things, should it not include the mswin32 release instead of the
cygwin release?

Perhaps some of the contents of the pickaxe book is predicated on the
cygwin release, so maybe it could be offered in parallel...(but that
would be confusing to a newbie too).

Just my $0.02

-lw