scanning ruby-lang.org, i may have overlooked the section i most
wanted to find:  small, interesting problems worked-through in
ruby and used to explain how ruby programmers think about what
they do.

although i haven't yet begun to write code in ruby, i watch this
newsgroup hoping for posts of the form:

    here's an interesting problem ...
    here's how i approach it in ruby ...
    here's the code ...

for years, we in the k programming community have sought to
include frequent 'how-to' posts.  code-sharing in the form of
libraries is fine, but *idea* sharing is both more interesting
and more valuable.

i was hoping that my previous post on the solitaire algorithm
would stimulate an attack on the problem by one of the ruby-
meisters.  it's a simple enough problem, and presumes no knowledge
of cryptography.  the website www.counterpane.com/solitaire.html
contains both perl and python implementations (and my own, in
k, can be found at www.kx.com/technical/contribs/stevan).

good hunting ...