Masaki Suketa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Charles Lowe wrote:
>
>  > Well, it doesn't look like much, it involves a proprietary com object
>  > (factset api).
>  >
>  > Code goes something like this:
>  >
>  > comobj = WIN32OLE.new 'FactSet.FactSet_API'
>  > comobj.runapplication 'Downloading', 'File=' + file, 'Batch=True'
>
> How can I get the factset api?
>
>  > If you look at what was added to the python equivalent (win32uiole),
>  > they used the "AfxOleGetMessageFilter" function, and exposed some
>  > methods on top of that, you can just do:
>  >
>  > win32uiole.AfxOleInit()
>  > win32uiole.SetMessagePendingDelay(aBigDelay);
>  > win32uiole.EnableNotRespondingDialog(False);
>  > win32uiole.EnableBusyDialog(False);
>
> I had seen the python win32uiole, but the "AfxOleGetMessageFilter"
> function is in MFC library.
> And I won't use MFC library because I don't have MFC library
> and Ruby source does not depend on MFC.
> So I'd like to implement the python equivalent function
> without MFC(AfxOleGetMessageFilter).
> But I don't know how to implement it now.
> I need the sample script which occurs the problem in order
> to investigate how to implement it without MFC.
> And If I could implement it, I would need the sample script to check
> my implementation is correct or not.
>
>    Regards,
>    Masaki Suketa

Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to get access to the factset api. Its
a proprietary, licensed data access api.

Hmmm, I didn't realize that the ruby source doesn't use MFC. Is it
possible, do you think, to solve this problem by loading the appropriate
dll and making the call using WIN32::Api? I tried to figure out an
approach this way with no success so far.

One possibility may be to write a simple, unfriendly test com object,
that is single threaded, and blocks for a long time when calling some
method. I think that should be sufficient to be able to reproduce the
problem locally?