Did you try the watir mailing list?

Or other *atir lists (particularly FireWatir which also has some nice
guys)

Are you sure you are looking for Watir? There are other excellent
tools like Selenium or more recently WebRat (never tried though but
heard that it''s good)

Selenium/WATIR are not tied to Rails, but there are some tools/plugins/
etc. which make the integration easy. (WebRat is a Rails Plugin
actually, so that's a Rails thing - (though someone just made a Merb
fork, so I guess it can be tweaked for other stuff as well)

I would guess you are seeking for a tester with some (preferably a lot
of) experience in web development... but a web guy with strong
programming skills and at least a bit of inclination for testing could
theoretically do...

Peter
___
http://www.rubyrailways.com