Hello,

Charles Lowe wrote:

 > Well, it doesn't look like much, it involves a proprietary com object
 > (factset api).
 >
 > Code goes something like this:
 >
 > comobj = WIN32OLE.new 'FactSet.FactSet_API'
 > comobj.runapplication 'Downloading', 'File=' + file, 'Batch=True'

How can I get the factset api?

 > If you look at what was added to the python equivalent (win32uiole),
 > they used the "AfxOleGetMessageFilter" function, and exposed some
 > methods on top of that, you can just do:
 >
 > win32uiole.AfxOleInit()
 > win32uiole.SetMessagePendingDelay(aBigDelay);
 > win32uiole.EnableNotRespondingDialog(False);
 > win32uiole.EnableBusyDialog(False);

I had seen the python win32uiole, but the "AfxOleGetMessageFilter"
function is in MFC library.
And I won't use MFC library because I don't have MFC library
and Ruby source does not depend on MFC.
So I'd like to implement the python equivalent function
without MFC(AfxOleGetMessageFilter).
But I don't know how to implement it now.
I need the sample script which occurs the problem in order
to investigate how to implement it without MFC.
And If I could implement it, I would need the sample script to check
my implementation is correct or not.

   Regards,
   Masaki Suketa