On Apr 21, 2008, at 2:39 PM, Brandon Hoult wrote:
> The other is to "ActiveRecord::Base.remove_connection" before
> forkoff! then
> "ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection(dbconfig)" first thing in
> the code
> block, then "ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection(dbconfig)" after
> forkoff.
>
> If the second method is better then it would probably be best added
> to the
> gem.  Any advice?

this is purely an active record issue - nothing to do with forkoff.
the ar code doesn't carry itself across a fork - there are a few
patches out there that fix this - one by a guy in denver - can't
recall his name - anyone?

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama