Robert Dober wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Michael W. Ryder
> <_mwryder / worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>> I am part way through implementing a Rational math class to further my
>> understanding of Ruby
> which is a good idea and I see that you are in good hands with Robert.
> When you are done though have a look into ruby's own rational.rb ( or
> even earlier depending on how you prefer) and
> compare what they have done with your own code, that might bring some
> further enlightenments.

I chose this after reading about it in Knuth's 2nd volume.  I wanted to
try to implement the binary greatest common divisor algorithm in Ruby.
It took a little effort but I was able to implement it without any Go
Tos.  It is hard to go from languages that require jumping around in the
code to one that doesn't.  It's a totally different mind set.