On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 7:00 PM,  <adaworks / sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  "Robert Dober" <robert.dober / gmail.com> wrote in message
>  news:335e48a90804182359p7c81c980mf6b009aa0ea85bcf / mail.gmail.com...
>
>  RD> May I humbly add the Rendez Vous tasking model, of course chosen by a
>  RD> Frenchman ;).
>  RD> Robert
>
>  You may so add.   In its earliest versions, that model did have some problems.
>  With Ada 95 and Ada 2000, that model has improved greatly and is now one
>  of the best you can find.
>
>  Be aware, though, that Jean Ichbiah did not invent that model "from scratch."
>  Important contributions from Dijkstra, Hoare, Per-Brinch Hansen, and many
>  others preceded  and informed it.   It is not a purely French invention.
Thank you for this update, I was not aware of the initial problems
BTW. I did not however want to indicate that Jean had invented this
model, I did not think so, I just thought he chose it because of the
French name, and that as a joke of course.
But he still refined the model himself if I understand you correctly,
interesting indeed.

Robert
http://ruby-smalltalk.blogspot.com/

---