On 16 Apr 2008, at 19:40, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
> I tend not to discount any particular language prima facie. I recall
> over
> ten years ago having a colleague demonstrate a responsive, reliable
> (as near
> as I could tell) and feature-rich moving map display program for
> small boat
> navigation, and I asked him what it was written in. He replied, Visual
> Basic. He later went on to sell it commercially.

Much kudos to your friend. Twelve years ago I did the same thing in VB
for helicopters and whilst it was pushing the hardware at that time,
it was still usable. Of course these days most mobile phones have more
computational grunt and memory than that :)

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://slides.games-with-brains.net