On Apr 16, 2:38 pm, Jeff Davis <r... / j-davis.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 09:20 +0900, Luis Lavena wrote:
> > Jeff, I managed to get do_postgres (DataObject.rb project) working on
> > Windows with PostgreSQL 8.2.
>
> > Why you don't fill a Integration Request [1] at RubyInstaller tracker
> > and point with the instructions to get the code, the dependencies and
> > everything.
>
> > I'll be happy to provide patches to make it work properly under
> > Windows (both VC6 and MinGW). See my post on PostgreSQL [2]
>
> > [1]http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=22895&group_id=167&func=browse
> > [2]http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rubyinstaller-devel/2008-April/000284....
>
> Thank you for the response!
>
> I have filed an integration request, please let me know if more
> information is required.
>
> I would welcome any patches that improve portability to any platform.

Great!

Keep using mkmf for the time being. moving to mkrf will require users
previously have it installed to properly build the gem on every
platform, also dunno it's state regarding cross-platform
functionality.

I'll work on setting up monitoring for it and provide you patches.

Also, I'll build it against 8.2 since 8.3 as not been promoted to
stable.

Will be helpful if you can also provide me a mailing list where the
integration builder will output the building results...

Something like this:
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rubyinstaller-devel/2008-April/000263.html
Or this:
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rubyinstaller-devel/2008-April/000283.html

> Regards,

Thank you for your time, I'll let you know how this end :-)

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena