On Apr 16, 11:00 am, "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <zn... / cesmail.net>
wrote:
> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>
> > Speaking of Windows and seams, I discovered I have a spare genuine
> > Windows XP CD-ROM! I had forgotten that I bought it, so I have built a
> > Windows virtual machine from it snugly nestled inside my Linux
> > workstation. When  I get my current (Linux and Ruby) project finished,
> > I'm planning to start testing the new One-Click. Meanwhile, I think I'm
> > going to put up the Windows PostgreSQL/Ruby/Rails thing and see if I can
> > get it to function in some kind of coherent manner, despite its age.
>
> Well ... don't say I didn't try. :) I installed PostgreSQL 8.3 and the
> Rails add-on that comes from a third party. I was not able to get it to
> function, however. What I know so far is that it is derived from the
> One-Click Installer version 186-22. However, it installs in C:\pgRails,
> but all of the "bat" files from the One-Click still are looking for
> C:\Ruby, and it doesn't put the right path in the PATH environment
> variable. So the "gem" console, which is usually how I access things
> from the One-Click Ruby, doesn't work.

You should have tried at least 186-26... dunno what release are you
using :-$

> The Rails piece of it may be hard coded to actually function, but I
> couldn't find any documentation on how to start that up, so I didn't get
> anywhere with it. A couple of months ago I tried it and posted some
> comments on the creator's forum. They are looking for volunteers. :)

can't comment on that... didn't tried.

> By the way, if it matters, the Windows PostgreSQL 8.3 installer loads a
> copy of the Visual C++ 2005 run time.

The only pieces of PostgresSQL 8.2 or 8.3 that depends on latest
runtimes are the pgAdmin and GUI tools.

The libpq.lib only depends on MSVCRT, since it was build with MinGW
actually.

I've verified that when checking DataObjects.

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena