--s/l3CgOIzMHHjg/5

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 02:31:34AM +0900, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 15:57 +0900, Chad Perrin wrote:
> > It seems kind of suboptimal, to me, to only let someone know that
> > postgres has been superseded by pg *after* something has already been
> > downloaded and unpacked.
>=20
> http://ruby-pg.rubyforge.org/svn/ruby-pg/trunk/README
>=20
> Also, the project description does seem to imply that information in the
> 255 characters I was allowed for that field.
>=20
> I haven't gotten around to actually writing a project home page yet,
> which is the only other place I could really put that kind of
> information. Rubyforge doesn't really offer a long description area.
>=20
> If you have any specific suggestions that can make it more clear, please
> let me know.

Maybe change this:

  Ruby-pg provides the module "pg", a Ruby interface to the PostgreSQL
  Relational Database Management System. The ruby-pg project also
  maintains a fork of the old "postgres" module from the "ruby-postgres"
  project.

=2E . . into this:

  Ruby-pg provides the module "pg", a Ruby interface to the PostgreSQL
  Relational Database Management System, which supersedes "postgres". The
  ruby-pg project also maintains a fork of the "postgres" module from the
  "ruby-postgres" project.

I get 238 characters for that with wc.  There's enough room left out of
255 to s/which supersedes/meant to supersede/ if you don't want to speak
for the Ruby community at large in such strong terms, too.  I don't know
if there might be any other concerns that would make you hesitant to make
this kind of statement, of course.

--=20
Marvin Minsky: "It's just incredible that a trillion-synapse computer could
actually spend Saturday afternoon watching a football game."

--s/l3CgOIzMHHjg/5