On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> John Carter wrote:
>> In the basement, in the locked cupboard, the one with the sign "Beware
>> of the Leopard"....  :-)) (As you can tell, I'm a Douglas Adams fan...)
>
> Funny. I always figured you as an Edgar Rice Burroughs fan. ;)

Actually, it's the other way round....

Check the "X-Apparently-From:"  header in my mails.

Now you'll have to excuse me, I must go rescue a scantily clad buxom
maiden in distress from a slobbering alien...

If other readers of this conversation are utterly confused... say
"barsoom" to Google and you will be enlightened....

Well, no, not actually enlightened as such.

Well, at least become informed about an obscure, old fashioned, and
ever so slightly kinky, steam punk corner of literary history.

New Zealand