Hi Stefan,

I have no idea if there area papers. I don't imagine there would be,
and if there are, they'd probably be in Japanese.

Yes, C is the language the Interpreter is written in. Generally people
don't write code in Assembler any more. It's too machine-specific.
This information can all be found in Wikipedia, or by using google.
There will be countless papers on it.

Note that interpreted languages have been around for decades,
therefore finding information on how they work generally will apply
just fine to Ruby.

Julian.

Learn Ruby on Rails! Check out the FREE VIDS (for a limited time)
VIDEO #4 coming soon!
http://sensei.zenunit.com/