On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Marc Heiler <shevegen / linuxmail.org> wrote:
> > I however wonder if the need of doing metaprogramming to
>  > find your classes is really a good sign for your design.
>
>  I am not to judge about his design, but I believe using .send and
>  Object.const_get is not really "metaprogramming". They seem
>  to be perfectly valid Ruby idioms.

Oh I did not want to judge, I am always having strong opinions loosely
hold (C) Rick de Natale ;).
I am also open to discussion where metaprogramming begins.
The point I am maintaining though is simply

Consider redesigning in case you have to use that kind of machinery.
If after consideration you think it still is a good design keep it of
course.

Very often a redesign will be too costly or even impossible anyway,
but in some cases this might be an alarm bell.

Just my 0.02$ and sorry for having been too bold ;).

Cheers
Robert