On Apr 14, 12:32 pm, Justin Rohrman <jrohr... / prospricing.com> wrote:
> I am having an issue running watir test scripts on 64 bit winxp that
> were previously working on 32 bit winxp (both envs 32 bit using IE7).
> Whenever the test script is run, it returns this error:
>
> >ruby Test.rb
>
> (eval):12: [BUG] Segmentation fault
> ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24) [i386-mswin32]
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.
>
> >Exit code: 3
>
> I am running ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i386-mswin32] and
> watir-1.5.1.1192.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?

AFAIK, noone.

Sometimes mixing 32bits applications with 64bits environments don't
work out of the box (and sometimes Windows on Windows - WOW64) don't
catch all these things.

If watir is interfacing DLL/APIs from Windows, then is highly likely
there are some changes of implementation or answers from these API
that make Watir/Ruby crash.

I you contact the Watir project [1] and try to include all the
information possible, also the test script you're trying to run.

[1] http://wtr.rubyforge.org/

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena