Hi and greetings to all group members!

I'm a new Ruby user with a background in Applescript, Hypertalk
(Supercard), and a little Unix. I was intrigued by Matt Neuburg's
article about Applescript and Ruby, and that's what got me reading some
intro books on Ruby. I just bought Textmate and I am lovin' it!

Anyway, I am wondering why this seemingly simple script fails:

sizeList = [0,1,2,3,4,5,6]
countarray = [3,4,6]
countarray.each {|x| sizeList.delete_at(x)}

what I want to happen is that sizelist gets deleted at the positions
specified in countArray, but the result I am getting is:

0
1
2
4
6

and the expected result should be 0,1,2,5, right?
What gives?

TIA,
vince

Mac OS X 10.5.2, G5 Quad, Textmate editor, ruby 1.86