On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 11:11 AM, ara.t.howard <ara.t.howard / gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Apr 13, 2008, at 7:40 AM, James Gray wrote:
>
> > I bet that's great library, but, not being a scientist, I'm probably the
> wrong guy to talk it up.  Thanks for the suggestion though Ara.

I just want to agree with Ara.  A substantial benefit of GSL is that
for non-scientists, the collection of algorithms does a lot of the
dirty work that one doesn't have to code up but that often is
necessary.

Having a GSL gem would be handy, and take it a step toward more usable
for people that want it (or libraries that might want to use it).

In addition, thoughts on nicely handling how to "downgrade" based on
the C version of GSL installed would be a great addition.

Cameron