I am writing a card game in ruby/tk.

I have a Tk_button(shuffle) that shuffles the cards and places them on a
canvas.The shuffle works fine but I would like to have a slight delay
between between each card being displayed on the canvas. Below is the
shuffle buttons command. I would like to delay the loop each time so
their is a slight delay. I have tried putting Tk.after(time)
{ part around the loop} but it just delays the shuffle and is not
visible. Not each card being displayed.  I need a little direction
on implementing such a loop

thanks

shuffle.command do
   52.times do