On Feb 6, 2008, at 3:10 PM, Trans wrote:
> English is a spin-off of Facets, collecting together all the English
> language libraries together under a single unified project. The
> English project intends to provided a general purpose set of English-
> oriented text manipulation and natural language processing Ruby
> libraries in one convenient package.

Just out of curiosity, did you know about the Linguistics library
before you released this? "English" has some stuff the 'en' module of
Linguistics doesn't have (and vice-versa), but I'd have happily added
new functions to it if you had suggested it.

If you did know about it beforehand, was there something about it you
found objectionable? Just professional curiosity. I'd like to make
Linguistics usable for people other than myself, and if you felt
compelled to write something else to avoid having to use it, I'd take
that as a sign that it needs changing.

Thanks,
--
Michael Granger <ged / FaerieMUD.org>