On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 5:15 AM,  <mmalaidini / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
>  I have some Test::Unit testcases that deal with Date and DateTime. If,
>  for whatever reason, I have a failing assert_equal on either Date or
>  DateTime, the resulting message is quite difficult to read: the reason
>  obviously is that pp dumps the content of the object, it doesn't rely
>  on to_s or other more readable ways.
>
>  Is there any way to change this behaviour and make assert_equal print
>  Date.to_s and DateTime.to_s when the comparison fail?

You have two possibilities:

1. set Test::Unit::Assertions.use_pp to false, thus using Date#inspect, or
2. create your own assertion that will use to_s. See documentation for
Test::Unit::Assertions.
(the easiest way would be to copy the code for assert_equal from
assertions.rb and change the first line with build_message)

J.